It's really a stressful world out there as we compete to earn more $dollars$ and to strive for a fulfilling future. Yes, I have found a part time job as Customer Service come mobile Concierge at one of the new malls down in Orchard. It's a rather fair job with flexible timing which I like a lot. Jovene & I, we'll be working in the same location so I'm not worried about who I'm gonna lunch with at work. While we were given the one-day training on Tuesday, we also got a complete tour of the 14 floor vertical mall, including the roof gardens although it's all still in the midst of construction. I think the overlook is much prettier at night though.
If you're wondering what's all the colorful statues about, well, this new mall is also an Art Mall, meaning that there are art pieces situated in the mall it self for visitors to admire. Not forgetting the indoor rock climbing wall too! I guess when it official launches in 2010, the mall will be more crowded and popular. Mean while, I'm just a little worried about how time will pass during the full shifts of duty as there's nothing much to do yet. So work will commence on the 10 of August 2009, which is next Monday. Wish me luck!
Vague plans of going back to school... a different type of school though. Have you heard of the Institute of Certified Wedding Planners? Looking at the e-brochures and e-course booklets, I'm getting more & more interested to enroll in this Diploma. I love event planning, more over why not try wedding planning, kinda like majoring in a certain event. Imagine being the one that makes a couple's dream come alive for that one day in their lives... I've signed up for the registration talk which is in about 2 weeks, so till then. More updates on this part of my life soon.
MOVIES & DINING AT HOME; The best & cheapest way to relax on an off day.
We rented 3 movie to watch at home- Bedtime Stories, Marley & Me, and Slither. Imagine slimey jiggly creepy crawlers plunging into your mouth or through your bellies, yeah that's basically what Slither was about. Bedtime Stories was a great fairy tale with an happy ending starring Adam Sandler! Never could go wrong with him. Haha. We couldn't finish the last movie which was Marley & Me, but we're gonna watch it by the end of this week. Heard it was a good & emotional movie though.
We've been eating over at his place these 2 days. Great pork porridge from Yishun & Changi Wanton Mee! Our homemade garlic spread roll with sausage, major failure! Okay next time I'll let Chef Lim do the cooking instead. Because of my itchy fingers that thought more meant better, we had garlic breath & slight indigestion the whole night. On the next attempt, I will definitely not double up on the garlic spread! Last night while at town, Dear brought me to this place to have Indonesian Ayam Penyek & Gado-Gado @ Lucky Plaza, a different but yummified dinner.
Bf: (whispers to me in the restaurant) If you know how to cook Thai & Indonesian food, I'll never leave your side.
Me: Is that a threat?? I dont know how. You teach me?
Bf: I don't know either, you go and learn okay? Please please please please please.
Me: I still think you're threatening me.
Bf: I'm not. I'm motivating you. (SMILES gleefully)
My new work place has this shop that has fully equipped kitchen class where they hold real cooking classes, maybe they have Indonesian & Thailand food classes. Forgot what's the name of the shop, but no harm taking a look if I'm on duty that day to see what it's like :)
Time really flew by this week, 1 more day to the weekend and 3 more days till Sunday, National Day. Dad says that the parades have become more and more boring each year, well he would know as he's been to every single rehearsal each year. I know I'm just looking forward to after NDP parade on TV this year because it's the fat guy from Singapore Idol singing "Ghostbusters". Mwhahaha. Can't wait! ;)
