Saturday, August 15, 2009

The first week of the Life @ The OC

No my blog isn't dead, it's just merely taking a rest. Lol =P

The first week of being the Roving Concierge at Orchard Central (OC) can be described with these four words.
POLITICALLY FUN.

ACHING LEGS.


I'm not gonna describe what I do every day, because it's pretty much the same each day. Besides roving around the assigned level in the mall and guiding those lost shoppers, bored as we are, we surf the net on the company's iTouch, talk with the store vendors who are as bored, and take countless smoke breaks in secret hide outs.

Being in the service line, we'll always meet weird people. Agree? Well the OC is definitely filled with weird shoppers & retail vendors. You get all kinds of questions and comments from shoppers and meet VERY desperate 'pervertive' male security guards & store owners. I'm serious! As a female worker in this job we've just gotta be smart to be friend those 'normal human beings' who do not have strange ulterior motives. Sigh.

So I've ended each day with blurry dry eyes and aching legs. Practically the bottom half from my back to my ankles ache like hell, resulting from walking and standing almost the entire day. This past week, I've yearn for my OSIM massager & warm showers the minute I get home. After which, I'll just drop dead to bed and wait for the next morning when it just repeats itself again.

On our second day of work, we were already aware of the office politics going around, how sad right. But Jovene and I decided to lay low, earn our money & not get too involved. After all, this is just our part-time job, we do what we're suppose to do and F-O at the end of the day. Basically I think because the jobscope is too mundane, self entertainment is definitely required. Therefore we have colleagues complaining about each other, and even about other departments. Feel like we're in Secondary school all over again, telling on each other. Tsk Tsk.

After the first week of work has passed now, we do know who to trust and who not to trust and who to stay away from. We made some friends, but we always stick to one another when it comes to lunch time. I am so running out of ideas to think of what to have for lunch, especially because the food in town is sometimes overpriced. I've considered bringing my own lunch or dinner from home. Hey, after all, the pay roll system here at Far East organization isn't that great either OKAY. In hokkien they say: 'Jia Cao'. Literally sucky!

This is us, My co-partner in crime Ms Jovene Lee & I on our First day of work.
Check out the super LONG outdoor escalator.

This is us, super shagged out at the end of our first day.
We captured the night scene.


Well anyway, look out for my live tweets on the left on side column of my blog for daily updates at work, brought to you by the sponsored iT0uchs! :)

Apart from work, I have missed being at home, tai-ing around, especially the new Jon & Kate plus 8 new seasons airing on Discovery & Home, and of course I do miss my Baby MORE now and then too. I've been working full shift (1030-2300) almost everyday so it's finally our off day today but we usually use it to catch up on sleep. Well, at least he does.

So lately, we've been at home most of the nights, having my mother's home cooked meals for dinner & curling up on on the couch to watch TV. He has been really supportive of this job although he does warn me of those weird mall shoppers & vendors, and is awaiting the news of the school. I love my Baby's company & he's the pillar of strength that I need.
My baby cannot take a decent picture ;)

P/s; Liana's 21st Birthday Celebration is in about 4 hours!! Let's get ready to Partay!!