Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentine. <3

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep
because reality is finally better than your dreams.


The last 48 hours was spent with Dear as it was Valentines Day weekend. To avoid all the Vday cliches (packed & crowded restaurants, girls and their carrying of bouquets of flowers on the streets && dodgy couples doing dodgy things at dodgy places etc. i think you get the picture), we celebrated a day earlier on Friday. But still, the were many couples with bouquet and balloons on every corner and most places were already fully booked for dinner. Did you know that the eve of Valentines this year happens to fall on the Friday the 13th, spooky eh? A rumor about it being all creepy & scary. But for Darling & I, we still enjoyed our first Valentines together. :D

The few days before Valentines, Wifey & I decided to be domesticated and get our hands dirty for some baking! I felt like Martha Stewart for a moment, running around shopping for ingredients, jars and baking cookies & cakes. This is the first time that I've tried baking cookies from scratch and here are three words to describe my experience - It. Ain't. Easy. Totally requires lotsa patience & time, pain staking but it's all worth it. So by the end of Thursday evening, we were covered with flour & smelled like butter feeling exhausted after making countless batches of cookies. It was a surprise for Dear, together with the picnic that I planned for the next day. I was sooo proud of myself as I was filing the cookie jar, and to go with it all, a DIY Valentines Day card. (notice the heart is the same as the cookie cutter, really comes in handy! :P)


Valentines Day itself I woke up extra early to prepare a picnic box for darling. Heart shaped egg mayo & cheese sandwiches, heart shaped koniyayu jelly, salad & strawberries was for lunch that afternoon. The weather was super humid, but windy so we headed to East Coast and chose a shady spot near the sailing club area where we enjoyed the sunset and some quiet time, just the two of us.
PICTURES WILL BE UP SOON, MEANWHILE, HERE'S A VIDEO OF THE LOVELY AFTERNOON.



After sunset, we headed to the Marina Barrage. We went to check it out since the NYE countdown was held there and it's one of the new dam/reservoirs. There was a great night view of the Singapore Flyer & building skyline from the roof garden, not much recreation yet at the Barrage as it's still in the midst of construction. A walk around the somewhat steep pavement on the roof garden to take pictures while we enjoyed the breeze & the night scenery.





STAY TUNE FOR MORE PICTURES IN THE NEXT ENTRY...

Dear was disappointed that we didn't get to eat at the Courtyard, the Chocolate buffet at the Fullerton. We couldn't get through the lines to make a reservations and it was already fully booked when we got there to make reservations. So we decided to have Cheena instead. Crystal Jade @ Holland V followed by desserts @ 2am Dessertbar after. The 2am Dessertbar is located at Lorong Liput with a very nice atmosphere, a comfortable and cozy place that serves alcoholic & non alcoholic drinks, the waiters are polite, and most of all their fabulous desserts!




We left Holland V at about 2am, since the place closes then. And by the time we got back to my place, it was about 4! We showered & changed and both slugged on the couch, potato style watching TV. :P Amazingly, Dear & I managed to keep awake the entire morning watching TV and nua-ing around. We had Macdonalds for Valentines day breakfast. Finally, the LONG AWAITED satisfying big breakfast that darling promised me since I forgot when. (hehe) The rest of Valentines Day was rather a homely one. Drove back to his place and began the nua-ing process. We were super tired after staying awake the entire night before so we slept through the entire afternoon and da bao-ed dinner home. Rented two DVDs to keep us company through the night- Harold & Kumar-The escape of Guantanamo Bay && Rock n' Rolla. But by the second movie, I fell asleep. So we called it a night as Dear needed to work today too. Waking up this morning and seeing the one that I love next to me drew a smile on my face. But Dear and I did conclude that if he didn't have to work again today, we would probably spent the day doing this = eat, nua & dvds.

This Valentines Day has been a sweet & memorable one. Whenever I'm with him, it's like we've already known each other for a year. This time round what I feel for the past few months has been different from the pasts ex boyfriends and other guys. I feel a sense of confidence and safety whenever I'm with you, and you make me smile all the time so that's the most important. The surprise on Friday morning was super sweet. He knew that I didn't wanna be one of them girls walking down the streets with a bouquet in my arms, so I received it through delivery and can I just say that its the biggest bouquet of flowers I have ever received! AND, I'm in love with my Valentines Day gift, firstly because it's all in my favorite color, and the box is just superbly sweet hand made by Darling(and of course notice the color as well. :P)







I've spent about a handful of time on this entry now, so it's time to rest these poor eyes of mine and it is dinner time too! Hope all of ya'll had as much fun as I did on my Valentines day && here's wishing everyone a HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, enjoy the last few hours of your Valentines day weekend!

PS: Wish me good luck too as my BTT is now in 5 days time!