Monday, October 13, 2008

Plans are what keep you motivated to stay on track

It's a start of a brand new week again!

Another Monday at work. But this time, I was on the afternoon shift. So basically, I got paid today just to past my time at the office, snacking away the entire afternoon and taking my own sweet time to complete those cases. Was super bored today though. But I guess it's not such a bad job after all. However, last Saturday was literally HELL for me!

It started with Friday night. Dinner with the usual, JJ & Poovan at Bedok 85. Then, JJ and I proceeded to Macs at Kallang where he met his friends. Together we headed down to OG. Mostly Honda Fits, ESIs and civics were seen that night. There was this kuku s2000 too laaa. But I must say JJ is a zai and safe racer/driver. No doubt, we almost got into an accident though, bloody cab! Hahaha. While racing at OG that night, I reminisced those times with the GTI and I realized how much I missed it. But after all, I finally have what I want now. And I'm starting to realize that it is what I'm most contented with (:

So I reached home at 4am on Saturday morning, didn't manage to sleep. Skyped with my sister till 7am as she kept physco-ing me to go to work. I couldn't get to bed anyway, so I decided to drag myself out of the house. So there I was, sitting in front of the computer screen, trying hard to concentrate with my body aching and eyes swelling.

Surprisingly, I lasted all the wayyy till 630pm, after which I headed straight home, popped 2 muscle relaxer pills and entirely knocked out. These muscle relaxer pills have been my best friend since I've been visiting the docs pretty frequently. Well, thats my only option to get an MC for work. Mommy says these pills will make me dumb though, but I assured her I'm not dependent on them.

Sunday was family day. I treated my parents to dinner at Bedok 550 where we ordered a feast! Yummilicious local delights and a discussion about my future plans. The topic of how I'm coping with my job right now, what I wish to do next year, how can I start to contribute into paying for the house etc. were brought up during dinner. Oh yeah, by the way, I'm already paying my monthly hand phone bills and insurance deposit, and now Daddy is like coming up with some monthly contribution that I've gotta pay for the house's bills and stuff. Oh man! I know it's his way of teaching me to spend less and be responsible, but being the kid that I still am, there's still soooo much more I wanna do before being tied down to these responsibilities.

Then my Dad and Mom went on about how I wouldn't study, but play all the time, if they sent me overseas. Urgh. How would you know if you never tried right? Well, I guess thats just put on hold right now. What I couldn't figure out was that my parents kept asking me to go try out for Mediacorp or the famous FHM magazine. They said if I didn't want to study, I should persue in something I liked. Hahaha! But can you imagine, my Dad picking up a magazine with me on the front page? OMG, I so couldn't. But my Mom says that she would be a frequent viewer of the local TV drama that I act in, if I ever make it into Mediacorp. Aww, you know, sometimes, my parents are just toooo cute. (and a little crazy and weird at times)

Wifey and I were just discussing about the end of year vacations that we decided to go on. We were contemplating about whether we should go to Macau & Hong Kong or go on a Cruise. I'm fine with both, as long as we go before Christmas. I've always spent Christmas at home cause I always look forward to mother's home cooked dinner. But I guess if the timings not right, I'd be more than happy to spent December in Singapore. After all, there'll be more plans to go overseas next year too.

Something really sad has been happening recently at work:
Whenever Pam or Ian and I exchange emails at work, the main topic would either be about when we're gonna tender, or when our next smoke break will be. Hahaha. Yeah, how pathetic right. It feels like everyone in the CRM team is practically planning their escape. I'm planning to resign in November so that I can enjoy the December holidays! I don't mind helping my sis out with events too, at least I'll be happy and I can have that tai tai life of mine again! (:

I've been looking around for new jobs too. Plans with Wifey to start up a tuition center are still rigid. We haven't really started penning down or doing any in depth brainstorming, everything was just verbal. So we'll see how things go for the year 2009!

Can't believe that time flew by soooo fast this year!
In about 6 months, I'm gonna be 19! Yet another year older. Sighhh.

Nov '07



GNights Everyone!