Monday, March 09, 2009

My first week at Work.

The last time I've actually touched my lappie was probably the last post I updated which was about a week ago. I've hadn't had the time exactly to do any updates because as all of ya'll already know, I've started the first week at my NEW job!



So basically, that tells you quite a lot about my job. And NO, I do not consult people on their health or appearance (that's for the Personal trainers) and NO, I do not teach them how to lose wait or achieve their goals either. What my jobscope requires me to do is more to the Sales department, encouraging people to be a member of California Fitness and create awareness of the different promotions they have. (lots of PR and customer relations required) So far, I've been learning a lot for the first week -- shadowing the seniors, attending training sessions and striving for sales calls. Two words. S-T-R-E-S-S-F-U-L and T-I-R-I-N-G.

I work practically for about 10 hours a day (11-9 or 10-9) with a 5 and a half work week. Lunch breaks are spent either at Golden Shoe food centre or Boat Quay. First week at work already and I'm getting sick of the food around the area, but I did make my own nutella sandwich on Friday and making it a healthy habit from now on.

For the past week, I've been facing loads of muscular body builders, not forgetting gays and of course different aged woman ranging from their 20's to 40's. Since my office is located in Raffles, the majority of the members are office workers. Oh, and my GM is quite cute, but too bad because he's married. The good side of this job is that I get to learn different components of health which means that I get to take care of my health as well. I attended dance and yoga lessons and got a 1 hour personal training work out on my third day at work. Enjoyed the yoga but the training was tough! At least, I got to know what members go through during their work outs. It's the start of the second week of work tomorrow, so wish me luck and pray that every goes smoothly!

Aside from work, I actually came upon this so untrue superstitious Zodiac thingy. Take a LOOK and see if it's really true for you.

Darling is an Ox and I'm a Horse. According to the Zodiac wheel our match falls under the "Most Hurting" pair. But let me tell you, I can totally prove to you that this is incorrect. (hehe) For the past one week, the both of us have been somewhat stressed and busy with work but I always look forward to the end of the day where I get to meet him for dinner. (we are only like 3 MRT stops away from each other :D) Enjoyed Bu Dong Kee Chicken rice and Bedok 85 Ba Chor Mee. To tell you the truth, I didn't really care what we had for dinner as it always feel extremely nice to see the love of your life and the smile on his face after such a long and tiring day at work. Being able to have a listening ear over dinner with him, unwind/complain about customers or office politics makes me easily contented. Of course I miss him MORE every day now that we barely have the time to talk during the day, but I definitely am learning to treasure the time we have with each other.

Good luck to you Dear for his upcoming exams!! I'll get the partay plan ready soon, don't you worry baby ;D



The weekend has been a rather family oriented one. Yesterday night was family dinner with Dear's side of the family. We ate at Saizeriya @ Liang Court, an Italian restaurant come cafe with quite delicious foods (steak, cheesy chicken, risotto, pizzas, sausages, mussels) with a reasonable price too. It was the first time I had dinner with his family and his family is wayyy bigger than mine. (including his sister's boyfriend and the maid adds up to 7 people.) So when I do stay over at his place, it's kinda like overcrowding for a normal 5 room flat with 8 of us. But I like a home with lots of warmth and people too. :D Because usually it's just the 3 or 4 of us at home over at my home.

After our sumptuous dinner, we stopped by Downtown East Pasir Ris Chalet to wish Perlin's sister a Happy 21st Birthday. Lupchiong Hazel + Alex, Perlin and her relatives attended the celebration. This was also the first time that our boyfriends met and it was a nice night for my girls since I haven't seen them since I came back from Batam trip which was a month ago.

Tonight's dinner was my treat! Dear joined us for family dinner over at 260 Compassvale and we had 'Zhi Char' for dinner. Food was alright but not the best though. My parents headed home and Dear & I headed to CP for a little shopping. Got me some snacks for work and daily necessities and headed home for an early night! But here I am, blogging away instead of sleeping. HAHAHA.

It's 1:45am right now, and I ought to be nicely tucked into bed with my pillow formation waiting for me. (hehe)

G'nights!


the new wohwoh & porchet love