Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Spending more time with My Dear.

Updates on my whereabouts last week.

Picking up where I left off earlier in the last post, dinner with Jelena at Yishun was great as we finally got a chance to catch up with each other over a pasta dinner. It had been about 2 years, we calculated. Great to have seen her securing an office based job, just thinking when it'll be my turn. Haha.

Frog leg porridge + western food at AMK's food center on Friday Night for supper. And after work on Saturday, Dear brought me to have Japanese food located at Taka B1. Thereafter, we also did a little shopping. We also purchased a few short bread cookie treats from Marks & Spencers before leaving town. It was a short but sweet evening and towards the end of the night, I've realized that it had been a long time since the both of us actually took a stroll along Orchard Road together.

It was my second time attending the Chinese auction dinner also known as, 'jiak toh' (in hokkien) on Sunday night. My boyfriend's parents had bought a table at the auction and it took place only a few blocks from his place in Woodlands. The Cheena side of me really enjoyed the time spent in that loud & festive enclosed tentage. Several bottles of Martel and Cordon Bleus were sold at no less than $800. There were also bags of rice and other Chinese hampers sold at no less than $200. It was exciting to see bidders boldly increasing the price of the items, and once considered sold, the audiences clapped & cheered loudly. Some of the money were donated to Charities and Old folk homes. Dear's father bid 5 bags of rice for $1000 and the money went to an old folk's home. That night, a limited edition 1 litre Cordon Bleu with the Sembawang MP's signature on it for $1300 will also join the rest of the 3 litre Martels & company already at bf's home. There was also a Chinese dinner to go along with the auction and the food was quite awesome too. We only managed to stay till the 4th course before heading to JB for the usual gas fill for Rocky. That night, we ventured around JB and spotted a new hawker center with delicious fried tou fu (tau hu goreng). So we had our light supper before driving back home sweet home to Singapore.

The beginning of the week started off pretty good as time at work passed by real fast on Monday. Managed to catch an early movie, Gamer starring Gerard Butler, the lead actor of 300. Although the ratings of the movie were just awarded with 1 star, I personally thought it was a pretty good movie. It had a superficial sci-fi storyline where humans were controlled by other humans in the games 'Slayers' & 'Society' (similarly to the games Counterstrike & SIMS). Humans controlling humans, and the games soon ended after Gerard Butler & his wife decides to stop letting gamers control their minds. Another T.A.B movie (tits and blood) with action scenes that caused me to have a minor headache in the middle of the show. (just like how counterstrike causes headache for some) But if you're into T.A.B and sci-fi movies, you should really go catch it!

Recently, I'm glad that I get to spend MORE time with boyfriend, he says I'd better treasure it before he starts his new job.

Overdue Pictures I promised from Butter Fac - 05/09.

My Baybee & I, with his few of many weird facial expressions

The Starhubbers!

I'm not gonna vent out the anger I feel towards the supervisor, HR committee and management of the place I work at, because I don't think it deserves as little as a paragraph in my blog. But for the record, let me just say that it is the most unprofessional company that I've ever worked for. It's sad to know that they spent most of their time at work picking on their subordinates, copying & sending out emails titled "Feedback from Management", when the time used to do all these things can actually be used to do better stuff for example, finding out why my application form till now (i've been working there for 1 month plus) is still missing. Major S-I-G-H.

Ending this post on a good note, I'm off today & tomorrow. And I'm looking forward to meeting up with my girls for Perlin's birthday celebration!!

Gotta go now! MJ's Munich performance on Channel 5 now! Have you watched it??