Tuesday, September 08, 2009

The Lost Mobile Phone

It has been tooo long since I've actually took the time to update this blog of mine. So since I have a couple of hours to spare on the Internet now, I shall post something today. :)

Two weeks since I've removed my second wisdom tooth and I'm feeling great now. I remembered looking like I've got a fish ball stuck in my left cheek for practically the entire week but finally removed my stitches yesterday morning at the dentist. I'm sure I did shed off some weight the last two weeks I was on my tooth confinement, BUT I'm pretty much back on my usual diet now.

It was back to work on 29/08 after a week of staying home. It was also Edmund's Birthday celebration at Fairmont. Too bad I couldn't join in the fun at the PJs party, I was really prepared to wear my sexay female boxers (hehe). However, Dear & I did join them for Final Destination at Marina Square after I knocked off work. The movie was a little gruesome with lots of blood splattering scenes. The funny thing was that I thought we were watching some Anime film (Final Fantasy) at first and was half hearted to follow. But all in all, it turned out better than I initially thought it'd be. Ended up heading back home after the movie as I could see it had been a longgg day for all of us.

The first of September two thousand & nine, a day I learned a huge lesson; Never leave your belongings on the counter top sinks at public restrooms. That particular night at work, I carelessly misplaced my mobile phone at the public restroom of The OC. It was my silly mistake and my Dad calls it "Me being Complacent." After sobbing over the phone with my ever so calm boyfriend, I still couldn't believe some Singaporeans can just be so heartless. I placed my phone on the counter top of the sink and merely turned around for 1 minute with my back faced to the sink, rested my leg of the toilet seat as I wanted to tie the my shoe laces. Apparently some jackass lady was as quick as lightning, she swiped it off the counter top and silly me, I didn't notice till 10 minutes later, taking for granted it was all along in my jeans pocket. Even watching the CCTV in the FCC room was not much of a big help, I couldn't spot the lady because there wasn't any witness besides the cleaning lady who said she saw this office looking lady take it. Panicky and teary eyed, I immediately canceled the line and reported a lost and found case at the Kiliney Police Post that night.

This incident taught me a HUGE lesson. Besides, the last time I actually lost something so important was back in September 08. I left my clutch bag in the cab on the way home from a VERY drunken night. I admit, I'm just a complacent clumsy careless kuku who needs to be taught a VERY big lesson! But I really thank my lucky stars, because a few days ago, I sent my SE C905 for servicing as it was faulty. So it was my so called spare phone, the Samsung F480 that got stolen. If it had been the other phone which was a birthday present from Dear, I would have been more devastated.

Well, for me I guess Simple Great food always makes up for a bad lost indeed! Agree?

That night, Dear and I had supper at our favorite Havelock Road Teo Chew Mui. A warm meal to ease the troubled aching heart. And the next day, I met up with Hazel to collect my new SIM card at Starhub. Not forgetting some retail therapy also made me feel better and I was able to put the matter of my lost phone aside.


That's the KAKA face! (left)

Dinner with the some of the Bridesmaids at Tomton @ Central on Friday night kick start my weekend. The famous Black pig Shabu Shabu steamboat & Pork Tonkatsu were shared amongst the 5 of us. Sadly not all could make it for the dinner. Although the food was quite pricey, we got a table with great view and it wasn't that noisy too. I'm also very glad now that we got a head start on planning the Bachelorette's Night or what they call it here, Hen's Night. I'm extremely excited as we are all busy planning this special night we'll all REALLY NEVER FORGET.

Ever since my Dear and I actually started dating seriously, we have never been clubbing with each other. One reason being because we own a car now and we don't practice drunk driving. So on the same Friday night, we headed down to Butter Factory with his colleagues, who are also my ex colleagues from Starhub. We had to join a short queue at the 'Reservations Only' queue, but you should have seen the line for normal entry-- Super long! 2 bottles covered 8 persons entry. And despite the small tables and sticky floors, the deejay was uh- quite alright that night. There was a mix of R&B and Top40s remixes, not too bad till end of the night. Maybe the deejay was a little high too?! =P Also, the area around our table was quite cramped, so it became the walk way for several people which got quite annoying. It was pouring cats & dogs when we left at about 230am to hail a cab home. Good thing Dear had already parked his car at my place, we knew we would have had a bit to drink at the end of the night.

Well I must say, clubbing with the bf is not thaaat bad. I really enjoyed his company and my Dear is really not a bad dancer too. Hehe. Actually I kinda like the feeling of being safe when I know he's there. Ahem, no guys dared come close. :D

(PICTURES WILL BE UP SOON.)

Feeling still a bit sore from having misplaced my phone, Boon Dong Kee Chicken Rice @ River Valley the next evening definitely cheered me up! I was sooo craving for it, especially the fried Tofu, since beginning of the second week of my wisdom tooth extraction. So finally, I had my cravings satisfied. You see how simple it is to please me. (Dear, but it doesn't mean you can use it ALL the time when you make me angry okay!)

Edwin & sister joined us for dinner so after BDK, we drove down to Changi Coast beach. You know the long straight stretch behind the Changi Airport, we managed to clear some carbon along that stretch before settling down and chilling by the sea side. Sorta felt like one of the Malay families there, only thing was that we didn't have our mats, food & fold-able chairs.

Other than food outings and the adventure of loosing my mobile phone, I have been at work. Yes, same ole same ole work. It has become even more strict now ever since Sunday. If you read my twitter updates, it states,

" Today, 1 of e execs at wrk (who was off) decided to visit e mall. I opened e door to our pantry and exposed 5 of us slackin in there. FML.