Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Year of the COW.

As it's the second day of the lunar new year, I would like to wish everyone...
A HAPPY LUNAR NIU YEAR!

For all those unmarried and going visiting, COLLECT MORE ANG POWS!
For all those married and going visiting, DON'T GNIAO. RECESSION IS NOT AN EXCUSE.
(Muahahahaha, I'm just kiddin! But do enjoy all the dinners & new year goodies!! MOOoooOO!)

Reunion Dinner was at my Dad's sister's place. The usual steamboat & fresh steamed crabs.
I think I tortured my stomach overeating there. The next day which was yesterday, I spent the afternoon at my Mom's side where we had authentic home cooked Nyona Food- Buah Kuleuk and Ngoh Hiang (Pammy & I helped my Mom prepare the ingredients a few days before).
Today, I spent the afternoon at my Grand Aunty's house, making and eating your own Popiah and Kueh Pie Tit.
So as you can see, I've been doing lots of eating this year, not forgetting the in between snacking on Prawn Rolls (my fave), pineapple tarts and sugee cookies! I needa go back to my daily routine of excercise!, like seriously. (Dear, I think I'm finally really to head to east coast for some cycling lessons next Monday)

Catching up with the girls over coffee the other night at Starhucks was fun! All the gossiping. Watched Bride Wars on Saturday with Keong, a Romantic Comedy with a good story line, but recommended only for girls, although he did say that he enjoyed as well. Pammy, you should go watch it! (hint hint. lol) Anyways things at home are still the same, I've gotten tired of telling her what to do. Hoping that she does not re-do the stuff that she did in the past, and not to hurt the ones around her anymore.

Though I'm not pure Chinese, I still enjoy all the visitations and food during the Lunar New Year. Looking forward to the Mahjong Session on Saturday at Wifey's house! :D