Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Best Boyfriend award goes to...



As we all know, the first day of the Lunar New Year and Valentines Day happens to fall on 14th of February this year. Thus this Valentines, my Baby and I decided that we would have a post Valentines Day instead of clashing with the first day of the Chinese New Year. Anyway be it a dinner, lunch or movie date with him, I'd just like to say that every one of our dates symbolizes our own little Valentines day, couldn't ask for more this year :)

The peculiar thing about this year was that we got each got each other a gift and it happens to be something we can both wear to sleep at night. The strange thing is... that we did it without discussing or even asking each other what we wanted! I think that's pretty cool, kinda like how great minds think a like.


He received his gift a little early this year, I gave it to me at midnight of the eve of Vday. My little DIY gift included a silk boxer shorts, DIY Best Boyfriend Award certificate and a little gold box of Hershey chocolates.

I remembered the time when he kinda blamed me for leaving his favorite tom & jerry silk boxers hanging at the back of the bathroom door of the hotel room at Shangri La when we stayed over during Pam's wedding. Apparently it's from Taiwan. Anyway, I tried as hard to look high and low for the same one in Singapore, but couldn't find the exact same one. So, I thought since it's Vday and all that it'd be kinda cute to replace the lost one with a black silk one with red heart shapes and lip stick prints on them instead. Kinda kinky too don't you think? I like. Hehehe [: Especially because he only wears his collection of silky boxers to sleep.

The DIY Best Boyfriend Award certificate was an idea I got off the internet and I thought to my self, he is a definite candidate for this award. Both dear and I agreed that this art piece would join the other three in our scrap book or Wall of Art in our future home. Hahaha. ;) Hey, it took me 3 hours to make this and I'm glad that he appreciates my arty-farty projects too.

The box of chocolates represents a token of my love for him at times when I can't physically be there. My purpose of giving him the Hershey kisses were actually for him to bring it to work and eat them whenever he feels depress about his job. Chocolates always make me happy, so I hope they'll brighten up his day as well!



I received MY little Valentines day gift from him the next day when he came to pick me up for Reunion Lunch. I received the usual call from him for me to come down when he had reached my void deck but took a bit longer to leave because I was still in the midst of getting ready. Yes I was running late!! So when I came down, boyfriend was out of the car instead of sitting inside with his shades on. He opened my door and said that since it was the eve of Valentines Day, he should be more gentlemen-like. So sweet~

Okay, so before I sat down, I saw this ...

Words on the box: Meeni Zhat Zhat. It's the nick name my Mom and him came up for me, it means Small Retard in Malay. LOL. Yes anyway, I loved the box and ribbon because it is pink, my favorite color! And by the way, the stick figure animation drawing on the cover was drawn by him. Can you see what it is? It's of a girl running away from a guy who stinks but screams "Be My Valentine". Hehe.
I think that's suppose to represent us somehow.

So I had to open the box slowly because it was overflowing with pink feathers.
TA-DA....! Baybee got me a set of Paul Frank Pajamas!!

Boyfriend and I have this thing for Monkeys. When we just started dating, I would tease him and say he's my Monkey Boy whenever he did that weird muscle pulling act with his head and ear. At home on my bed, I have this pillow with a cheeky monkey face on it and it's kinda out of shape (i've had it since 6 years ago), we call him "The pervertic Monchee Pee-low". It's rather a long story. ;) So Yes, my dear and I have a weird fetish of Monchees or Monkeys.

Over at his place, I tried on the Monkey infested pajamas and modeled around the room while he took pictures. Check out the little monkeys on the back!! We got carried away with the picture taking not noticing the pink feathers flying all over the room. Oh and he says rose petals have become to cliche so he prefers feathers now. Hahaha!


Shortly after the mini fashion show in his room, we had Reunion dinner with his family. Rolling in the New Lunar New year with lots of laughter and good food. The next day, his family spent the first day of CNY in Malaysian with their other relatives. This year, I wasn't expecting a super romantic valentines day with candles, champagne or flowers but I've totally enjoyed the company of my Love during the long weekend. It's probably the first time Valentines Day is a public holiday and incorporated with a long weekend.

Today is the fourth day of the Lunar New Year and everyone is back at work. Don't worry all office workers for it shall be a short 3-day work week! I'm already looking forward to the weekend. More eating and hopefully partying on the way ;)

Stay Tuned!