Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Attendance at My 1st ORD Ceremony

It's the year of the Tiger and Chinese New Year is just around the corner!! But aside from house spring cleaning and grocery shopping, I attending my cousin Ben's ORD ceremony last Friday. Yes, time really flies! 2 years ago, I remembered sending him off at the same exact camp in Seletar. He entered as a recruit and is now pronounced Operationally Ready to protect our country. Wouldn't you say that we're all just growing up a little too fast?

The ceremony was held in a military hanger, it's a steel-like tentage and positioned inside of it was a stage, some chairs and different combat vehicles.


Family members and girlfriends attended the ceremony, I was probably the only the non-girlfriend non-mother female there. However, it was still an exciting and honorable event from my experience because firstly, I've never had the privilege to send a boyfriend or brother off to the army, more over attend one of these ceremonies. There was a shuttle bus that led us into the camp because it was quite far in. Together with my Aunty & Uncle, we were eager to see my cousin in uniform welcome us into his camp at the entrance. All of the NSF personnel's looked alike dressed in that green camouflage uniform. My cousin was damn shy to see us as we greeted him with hugs and pats on his back.

Through out these 2 years, he has really physically changed from a boy to a man. He's much slimmer and tanner now, though in my mind he's still that playful lil' boy I knew since we could crawl. :)

He was terribly shy when I wanted to take a picture with him.
Note: See his 'senang diri' (means stand at ease with hands at back in malay) position.


The ceremony started off with a video of all the past out fields and trainings the boys went through. Then an award giving that compromised of over a few hundreds NSF from 35th battalion. Picture on the left, Coporal Benjamin Chiong receiving his cert on stage. His officer is a Ma'am, rare right? And on the right, this is the lane where they store all the M3Gs. You might seen in out on sea before. It is the huge ass vehicle-like-bridge thingy and his unit is in charge of the overall operation of that.


Before I knew it, the weekend came and went just like that. This weekend, I managed to spend time with both the wifey and bf. Vivo was overly packed on Saturday and I still get lost there! It's not as tiring shopping from one shop to another compared to walking from one end to another thinking that the cafe you want to go to rest your aching legs is actually on totally different side. Thank God for Pam who is probably the 'pro-est' shopper at Vivo. LOL~ Spent the rest of the night chilling with the wifey and a very unhealthy supper at Lau Pa Sat with Dear and the guys after. I should really be on a diet this week! Considering that the CNY dinners and snacks are piling up. Oh no no no no. More eating coming my way!

I've always never wanted to shop online although the clothes are pretty and all. So it was Pam and my first visit to the blogshops along Haji Lane on Sunday, boyfriend tagged along to help me pick out clothes. After trying a few pieces, I still couldn't find something that I looked good in, maybe my body just isn't made for those designer ones huh. Oh well. After exploring the other blogshop boutiques, we proceeded over to Bugis Village. The scorching hot sun including human sandwiched traffic were a total turn off! Many many XMM and XDDs indeed! (small sisters and brothers) Dinner was at Shokudo at Parco with Dear and one of his buddies, they serve really nice Rosti + Japanese curry and Japanese pizzas. After a sumptuous meal, we walked back to Haji Lane for tea before heading home.

It's a new week again, the second week into February. Went for my second Brazilian at STRIP yesterday and I'm liking it clean down there. :) Was thinking of taking up a waxing + nails package, probably when I get a stable income once again. My manicure package at the Good Earth Nails is down to it's last anyway. When my Dear found out that the packages at these places were close to $800+ to $1k, he said he can so picture me in a few years having spa, facials etc.. packages, just like a young tai-tai. Haha! I guess it's something for me to look forward to in the future.

Boyfriend and I also went shopping last night in Town and we both agreed that it gets harder to buy clothes as we get older. For me, I'm just in to a lot of basic tops and bottoms that I feel is getting boring. But then again, I'm not as daring as others to try out loud and clothing with a 'statement'. On the other hand, Baybee is picky about the clothes he buys because in the past, he realizes never wore some shirts more than once because he decided he didn't like it anymore. And lately, he's been complaining about his belly (hehe), so he feels he gotta pick wisely too.

Wouldn't you say that we're just in one BIG wardrobe dilemma?! =P