Sunday, November 22, 2009

There's no better place than Home!

I like it when I have sufficient time to myself because I get lots of things done such as my daily laundry and watching the latest local TV drama sequels at home. Let's just say that in the month of November, I've got plenty of free time to spare. My typical weekday; work in the morning and back home by early evening, just in time to prepare my own dinner or to enjoy Mom's home-cooked meals. During the recent weekends, I'm usually home most of the time with the family & boyfriend. Dinner would normally be at at a nearby Kopitiam followed by the whole family camping in front of the TV with Xbox, HBO & DVDs, sometimes even with fruits and ice cream. I've learned to be appreciate the simple things in life :)

Ever since we met with another minor car accident at the beginning of the month, we haven't drove around much I would say. Singaporeans are becoming richer and richer by the minute (and they say we're still in the midst of a recession) because there are more and more cars on the roads everyday. Not only that, drivers have become very reckless these days too. Agree to both? The recent car accident, well I wouldn't say that it was an accident really, more like a mishap led to me reacting weirdly in the car lately. I've implanted a personal fear in my self and am becoming a tad paranoid about my Dear's driving. I've become to think that the more I freak out in the car, the more he enjoys doing it too! I think I've just seen and heard about too many accidents lately that I've been damn fearful of all drivers on the roads. One of the reasons why it's taking me ages to get my driving license. Also another reason why we haven't been travelling to town by car, especially during weekends. (unless we really have to because he detests traffic jams too) So that is why we've been exploring the heartlands more often these days, where traffic is less dense and not too crowded as well.

Spending time at home this weekend also allowed me to clean and move some stuff around in my room. I was also able to pack all my unwanted clothes and ancient secondary school textbooks into bags and donate them to the Salvation Army. After spending about a good five hours at home and with the help of Baybee last night, I managed to dust, mop, arrange and move the shelves in my bedroom so it'd look more spacious and less cluttered. The trip to Ikea yesterday with him also made us realize how much we wanted our own apartment. I would love to chose different room decors for my home next time, we would have to wait for another three to five years for that though. There were so many things we wanted to buy for my room last night but currently with half of my sister's stuff still here, we can't really fully refurnish or decorate my room yet. On a brighter note, I just think of it as a little Christmas cleaning and shifting, I can't emphasize how much cleaner, neater and spacious my room is now. Feeling very contented these few days, being the neat freak I am. =)

Speaking of Christmas, it is just around the corner. Have you wrote your X'mas list? Have you started on any X'mas shopping?? Well, if you haven't, you're left with one more month! I've got my X'mas list ready so all I gotta do is find a weekday somewhere hopefully next week and make a trip down to town. It's great that both Christmas and New Years falls on a Friday this year, that means two LONG weekends for all you 5 -day-week government servants out there! It'll be our first Christmas together this year too, I can't wait!

I'm making a drastic change to my look tomorrow and Baybee has been kind enough to have taken almost 100 different pictures of me last night for me to keep as memories. Okay before you think of anything else further, it does not contain nudity OK! LOL. It's shots of me and my longgg hair because tomorrow at 4pm, I'm gonna be CUTTING MY PONY TAIL OFF! Firstly, I need a fresh look, and I've realized that I've been dropping a bunch of hair at home especially when I shower and comb through my hair with my fingers. Scary I know. I'm too young for a serious case of hair loss! My guess is that my hair is too long and heavy causing me to be dropping more hair than I should be. Sayonara my long black hair.

More details & updates tomorrow on Twitter.