Friday, June 05, 2009

It's June and the GSS are here!

What a fruitful week I've had so far !

It wasn't a Moody Blue Monday for me this week. Hellllo Happy Monday! I met up with Hazel for a little shopping & coffee at Town at the start of this week. The GSS has officially started and so has the June Holidays for those who are still studying. Town was crowded, even on a Monday with middle aged teens loitering the streets. So we walked from Plaza Sing, stopping by Wisma & Taka and lastly ending up at Far East. We manage to find some cute tops & small wristlets at the Mphosis's sales. Got some cute lingerie from Far east too. Then, coffee at Spinelli's as a pit stop as the weather was scorching hot that afternoon. And we ended the evening at Tampines for Sushi and home sweet home to rest the aching legs.


Tuesday, 2 June 09 marked the LAUNCH OF SIMS 3 @ Illuma.

Before joining the crazy long queue at the entrance of Illuma to collect my pre order of SIMS 3, Jovene and I had a heavy lunch at Empire State-- this American food joint. The place setting & food was similar to New York New York & NYDC, but the only thing that totaly amazed me were the Monchees (monkies) on the menu! How cute~!


My 'Monchee' Fetish!

The portions are quite big though, so prepare to go there with a big apetite! We couldn't finish our meals, but the mushroom soup was definitely 2-THUMBS-UP!!



We queued for about half an hour before getting to the front of the line and actually receiving the game. The event was sponsored by EA games, accompanied with other forms of stage entertainments. Some enthusiastic participants actually showed up wearing GREEN! HAHAHA. Jovene & I didn't know lar, or else maybe we would have to! (NOT)

The collector's pack came with a really cute 2GB thumb drive, a GREEN t-shirt & a notepad.


THANKS GIRLS once again, FOR THE AWESOME BIRTHDAY GIFT!
Let me download it onto my lappie and let ya'll know how it goes :)

We took a slow walk to City Hall after and headed to Suntec. It is JUNE, and the GSS sales are here!! What great way to start off then with some ...


Really, Nothing cheers up a woman other than a lingerie sale!

* * * * *
Wednesday 3rd June 2009 - High Tea for The Pereira Family

Rose Veranda's High Tea (at Shangri La Hotel) is one of the best high teas I've tasted in Singapore. With a wide selection of 120 different teas to choose from, a tasty hot & savory buffet spread and a cold cuts section, ANDD not forgetting the yummilicious dessert tables, what a satisfiying meal indeed!


Wednesday's special afternoon spread included dim sum, black pepper lamb, roast beef, top shell, carrot & orange soup, raw salmon & beef salad, DIY salad and a few more others. Desserts included cheesecakes, chocolate fudge cake, durian cake, tirumisu, icecream w/ candy toppings, fondue fountain & a few more others that came in small shot glasses look alike. High tea starts at 11am all the way to 6pm. The ride home in Daddy's car was a sleepy one as the food was having a hard time to find space in my tummy. NO DINNER for me last night as I had an early night to bed.


Despite the few days that I've been out, I'm having a headache to plan what I'll be doing next week. Because as much as I wanna meet up with every body that I've missed hanging out with because of work, they don't seem to have the time for me. I guess it's just not the right time. They're either busy with school or work which is a total bummer! Even my Dearest Darling has his exams coming up in about 2 weeks time. With the change of lifestyle now that I'm jobless again, I'm slowly trying to adapt to it day by day. I just keep telling myself, 'hang in there, a new opporutnity will come by. It's my time to enjoy & relax now before it's too late.' ;)

i found the lyrics of Knock You Down by Keri Hilson feat Ne-Yo & Kanye, which I have looped on my mp3, quite meaningful.

So what we gon' have, dessert or disaster?

You gotta put the good with the bad, happy and the sad
,
So will u bring a better future than I had in the past, cause I don't wanna make the same mistakes I did.